Are you doing all you can do support Regional Transit, Supporter?
Our region's most important transit vote ever is in just 20 days. We can win and transform our region's transit, IF everyone gets involved to help!
If you've only got 2 minutes, please SHARE our posts on your Facebook and Twitter pages, such as the campaign's first TV ad, with a note about why it matters to you.
If you've got 20 minutes, send a personal email to your family, friends and neighbors (you can use our sample or write your own).
If you can commit a few hours, please volunteer!!
You can hand out Vote Yes info:
- This Saturday morning, to UM football tailgatters or at the Royal Oak Farmers Market with Marie (meet at 9am at the south entrance)
- This Sunday, to Lions tailgatters with CeCe
Make phone calls to absentee voters:
- At a phone bank any of the next three Saturdays with CeCe
- From your own home whever you have time (Alexis can provide a list and script)
Go door-to-door to urge voters to support transit:
- This Sunday in Ypsilanti with Partners for Transit
- Next Saturday in Eastpointe with Dee (meet at 10am at "Sugar N Spice" Donut Shop, 21000 Gratiot)
There are two great ways to learn more about the importance of this vote and ways to get involved:
- Join Detroit Jews for Justice and TRU's Ruth Johnson at a Fight for Regional Transit panel discussion tomorrow, Thursday at 6:30pm at Detroit's downtown Synagogue, 1457 Griswold St
- Join a phone call with tomorrow, Thursday, at 7pm with Senator Gary Peters and the campaign staff - Please RSVP then call in at 1-712-451-0011, code: 695293#
As Cory Booker reminded us last week, "None of us can do everything, but all of us can do something!" Together we'll transform our region's transit!
PS - Transportation Riders United (TRU) is Detroit's nonprofit transit advocate, working since 1999 to improve bus service, remove barriers to rapid transit, and advocate for smart transportation investments
If this was forwarded from a friend, you can join our email list and receive these updates directly every week or two.