Thank you Supporter for your support of TRU!
We truly cannot do what we do without the generous support of members like you!! So thanks!
Today I've got a reminder of Woodward Bus-Rapid Transit public meetings plus a great way to give to TRU by shopping online. Read on . . .
Public Meetings on Woodward Rapid Transit Start Tomorrow
Learn more about Bus Rapid Transit (BRT) and why it is moving forward as the preferred mode for further analysis. Come out to an upcoming public meeting and give your input about the latest project developments.
New information that will be presented about proposed routes, travel times, ridership, and next steps.
Come to one of six open house meetings to learn more and share your opinion (download the flyer for more details):
- Tomorrow, Tuesday Dec 3, 6-8pm at Beaumont in Royal Oak
- Thursday Dec 5, 5:30-7:30 at the Berkley Community Center
- Saturday Dec 7, 11am-1pm at St Joseph Hospital in Pontiac
- Next Monday Dec 9, 6-8pm at MSU Detroit Center
- Next Tuesday Dec 10, 6-8pm at Next Energy in Detroit
- Next Wednesday Dec 11, 6-8pm at Coolidge School in Ferndale
Please share this information with all who may be interested!
Go for the Gold! Support World-Class Bus-Rapid Transit on Woodward
Is Bus-Rapid Transit just fancy buses with nicer bus stops?
Or can it be a truly world-class form of rapid transit?
The answer depends on how it is designed, built, and operated.
SEMCOG and the RTA will be deciding in the coming months what type of rapid transit is right for Woodward. Join our friends at the Michigan Suburbs Alliance and tell them to Go for the Gold!
Metro Detroit needs Real Rapid Transit
Real rapid transit:
- Is separated from traffic so it doesn't get stuck in traffic.
- Lets riders pay before boarding to avoid lines at the farebox.
- Coordinates with traffic signals to avoid long waits at intersections.
- Has boarding platforms level with the vehicle floor, so everyone can board easily, even wheelchairs, strollers, or bikes.
We know the score, and we're going for Gold.
If you agree, sign on today!
We need “Gold Standard” BRT system yet! Sign on and urge your friends to do the same!
Back to top
Turn Online Shopping into Money for TRU - Sign Up for iGive.com!
If you're planning to do any online shopping today, or anytime this holiday season, you can support TRU even more, at no additional cost to you!
This Cyber-Monday, turn your online shopping into donations for TRU:
Signup for a free iGive.com account.
1) Spend two minutes signing up at iGive.com, listing Transportation Riders United as your preferred cause.
2) Then go to iGive.com each time you shop online to find and shop at all your favorite online stores – over 1,400 to choose from. A percentage of each purchase is donated to TRU.
Their mall includes Amazon.com, Macy's, ToysRUs, REI, Staples, Petco, Expedia, Best Buy, and thousands more. Best of all, up to 26% of your purchase (usually 1-4%) at each store is donated to TRU to help improve Detroit area transit.
Either go to iGive.com each time you shop online or download their simple iGive Button so you don’t even have to remember that step.
The stores make this possible because they’re happy to donate to us to get your business.
I hope you'll give it a try!
For even more up-to-the-minute updates, videos, articles, and more, make sure to like TRU on our Facebook page:
Support Detroit Transit
And make sure to add your thoughts and share our posts with your friends!
PS - You are subscribed to Transportation Riders United's email list. TRU is Detroit's nonprofit transit advocate, dedicated since 1999 to improving bus service, removing barriers to rapid transit, and advocating for smart transportation investments.
Click here to unsubscribe